ProFace HMI to Mitsubishi PLC

woolie161

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I have a Mitsubishi PLC FX3u connected to an old ProFace GP2500 HMI Ver4.35 via serial.

The HMI tag for a "Keypad Input Display Setting" data entry box is LS0206
See attached image.

Can anybody assist with where this tag will write to within the PLC?

Thank you
Woolie

Keypad_Entry.jpg

Its not, LS bits are local internal bits/words so probably not used or are used internally in some sort of script or function.
The chances are the original programmer used the default [PLC1]Dxxxx etc. for the PLC addresses.

Thanks Parky,
That makes a lot more sense. Although I haven't found any scripting within the project, I have found a page buried deep that uses a "D" register for the input value. This project has over 60 pages, but from what I can see only 8 are accessible to the Operators. Go Figure!!!

Once again, thank you for share your knowledge.

Woolie

It is often the case, there is probably no need to reference the keyboard in the PLC, the variable you are editing is the only thing that needs data, the edit field automatically calls the keyboard.
I'm not sure why the PLC needs to know but it's that long ago since I did any proface.