Best program for searching for IP addresses

It is also incredibly useful for waking up, and causing panic, among the IT/Network Admin that might be at the building/campus you are visiting. It isn't malware in-and-of-itself but it certainly triggers all the automated detection systems that those people might have running to try to protect their network.
Last year I was doing a job for a large multinational to assess some of their cyber security and cyber attack preparedness. The works started by identifying and documenting every last ethernet device on their controls network (around 1500 devices). I used a lot of the tools mentioned in this thread already, and some other more "manual" techniques.

In the first month, I had to respond to no less than 6 "what are you doing on our network" queries from the global IT team who repeatedly saw my laptop doing "suspicious" things on their network. Which did in many ways lead me to believe that they were quite well prepared for a potential cyber attack :ROFLMAO:

Advanced Port Scanner, free & without limit, I have scanned networks of 512 IPs.

It will also tell you the name of the device, if it can figure it out, and what ports it is listening on.

Thanks all, I am catching up with feedback and love this site. Actually, I will probably try a number of these if I get the opportunity.