Idec PLC Upgrade - FC5A to FC6A

johnd_125

I'm involved in upgrading an IDEC FC5A-D12S1E PLC to a FC6A-D32P3CEE. I've attached the original layout of the system. Since then, another HG3G HMI and a small remote PLC have been added and both target the 192.168.111.20 IP address.

I am trying to understand the device shown at the right with an IP of 192.168.111.22. The part number is FC4A-ENET and described as a web server module. It looks like nothing more than a RS232 to Ethernet converter with the ethernet plugged right back into the same network as the PLC Ethernet port. Why? Different protocol, perhaps?

Which brings me to the "Maple Systems..." station shown on the drawing. Its a computer running SCADA software. It has an IP address on the drawing that doesn't fit with the other components. Perhaps its a misprint. Is this Maple Systems station using the webserver capability somehow?

If so, the next question would be how this will interface with the new FC6A. The FC6A has two Ethernet ports and one of them is touted as having web server capability.

IDEC FC5A Layout.JPG