Panelview Plus High Loads

Is the high CPU load causing interaction problems? IE: are buttons responding slowly, numbers updating slowly vs the PLC register, graphics loading slowly, or fill objects moving erratically?

I'd say you should be worried, non-functioning HMI aren't very useful :) Is there a script or query running that is causing the high load?

I'd say you should be worried, non-functioning HMI aren't very useful :) Is there a script or query running that is causing the high load?
Well i have perhaps 10 activex controls running in the background mainly for datalogging. but even If I stop them the high load persists

Maybe try with a blank project, a few buttons (the exit button is always useful). Maybe there's something in the embedded OS that's running amok.

it could be the result of the following.
how many screens with pushbuttons that are set to .25 seconds or faster? the more pushbuttons, switches, and other items that have short times mean the panelview communications are more crowded.
how many plc's are connected to the panelview.
how many nodes are being used? maybe not the right term here.
how much memory is left?
how many applications are loaded?
hope this helps,
james

it could be the result of the following.
how many screens with pushbuttons that are set to .25 seconds or faster? the more pushbuttons, switches, and other items that have short times mean the panelview communications are more crowded.
how many plc's are connected to the panelview.
how many nodes are being used? maybe not the right term here.
how much memory is left?
how many applications are loaded?
hope this helps,
james
I have a lot of goto display and maintained buttons. I don't think they have a time do they? I have some momentary pushbuttons. All of them at 250ms. Runtime memory is 22mb. I have one panelview connected to one plc. It is running 1 runtime application. I set my global connections time to 1 sec output and 0.05 seconds input read. Is this an issue? I have also about 6 datastore plus running.

i would set all momentary buttons to 500ms and see if that helps.
Its been too long since i had that issue, but i had 3 plc's connected to it with 3 panelview terminals.
what is the environment the terminal is in and the ambient temperature?
the terminal is good for 120 degrees f i think. if the electronics get much hotter, that will cause a heating problem. check the terminal specs for the temperature rating.
james