FTLinx FTView cannot connect to Remote Network

Hey All,

I am experiencing issues connecting my FTView to a remote network. When i expand my Network and Devices tree (Left panel), my Workstation (RSLinx Enterprise) connects to the remote network. But i am unable to create a pathway between my FTView project and the remote network.

This is shown on the attached image. On the left shows the network i wish to connect to (Remote). On the Right shows the network i can connect to (Local), but it is not the one i wish to connect to.

I am using FTView Release 6.10

I am unable to open RSLinx Enterprise Application. there is no icon available via windows start button. Nor can i find a .exe icon in the RSLinx Enterprise folder in the C: that will give me access to some kind of control panel.

2023-05-31 10_45_30-FactoryTalk View Studio - Machine Edition  [Demo Mode] - [Communication Setu.png

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited:
Is this the same system as your earlier thread? Honestly what I would probably do is try to uninstall and reinstall the Rockwell software on the PC. Or maybe see if there are patches available on their website. If you have a tech connect contract I would call Rockwell

What you are seeing on the left are the devices being detected by RSLinx Classic. What you are seeing in the configuration window are the devices being detected by RSLinx Enterprise. Try to right click on the EtherNet, Ethernet icon in your design tab, and manually add the device to see what happens.

What you are seeing on the left are the devices being detected by RSLinx Classic. What you are seeing in the configuration window are the devices being detected by RSLinx Enterprise. Try to right click on the EtherNet, Ethernet icon in your design tab, and manually add the device to see what happens.

Hi Mikey. Thank you for your input. I was not aware that i was looking at RSLinx Classic on the left panel. That makes a lot of sense.

The right panel. I attempted to manually add my PLC. I have a feeling though that the PLC is not recognised by FTLinx because i could not find the PLC in the list of PLCs available for selection. It is possible this version of FTView is too old to recognise the PLC. A bit confusing seeing as RSLinx was released before RSLinx enterprise.

Although though this does not solve my initial problem, it is good to know so i can stop trying.

This said, your input actually gave me the idea that helped finally solve the other problem that i had which is from a different thread.

The problem sounds very similar, but slightly different which is why i started this new thread.

If you are interested in the other problem and the solution i came up with, you can find it here:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=941230#post941230