FT View Image Blinking

junior

Is there an easy way to make an image blink in FT View 5.0?

I have a 2 state indicator that displays the same image. In state 0 the image is constant on the PVP display and in state 1 the image would blink.

The only way I can think of is to use the PLC to switch between state 1 & 2 (if state 2 would be a trasparent background with no image), but I'm wondering if there's a way to do it inside the PVP instead of having the PLC to do the control.

TIA
Jr.

Junior,
Use the tag browser to look in the system folder for a tag called system/blink (fast or slow). The tags in the system folder are native to the panelview & are not normally associated with the PLC variables.
Use these values to control the look/color of a multi-state indicator or use them to control the visibility property of a object for a "here it is; now its gone" effect. One can also create an "Expression" that contains a PLC variable and the system/blink tag. Then it will only blink whenever the PLC tag is true.
BD

Junior,
Use the tag browser to look in the system folder for a tag called system/blink (fast or slow). The tags in the system folder are native to the panelview & are not normally associated with the PLC variables.
Use these values to control the look/color of a multi-state indicator or use them to control the visibility property of a object for a "here it is; now its gone" effect. One can also create an "Expression" that contains a PLC variable and the system/blink tag. Then it will only blink whenever the PLC tag is true.
BD

Interesting, I'll have to look more into it. So, I can make an expression, if MSI is state 2, then make it visible when system blink tag is 1 & not visible if sytem blink tag is 0?

Use a multi-state indicator, I'm pretty sure that you can individually control the blink state of every state in a MSI.

Yes you can, but this only works if you have a msi without an image. Once you put an image into the state, the blinking property doesn't seem to do anything, but I could be doing something wrong.

Don't bother with a multi-state indicator. Just place your image wherever you want it and apply a visibility animation on it using the System\BlinkFast (or BlinkSlow) tag that bikerdude mentioned. Use a logical OR with the other tag that would toggle between blinking and not blinking. When your other tag is true, the image won't blink. When the other tag is false, it will blink.

blinkAnimation.png

Last edited:
Boy, you guys make it look too easy =D Thanks for the help.

One more question. Is there a way to access the state property of the MSI? What I'm thinking is would I be able to put a visibility animation based on the state? ie. if MSI-1 state = 2 then system\BlinkFast (or something along those lines)

Jr.

Last edited:
Jr.
I have never done it that way.
I can't think of any way to address the MSI/state. I would instead use the tag that causes the MSI to go the state#2.
SO.. a multi state indicator with more than 2 states, requires usually a word value to control the states. Such as N7:0 value can control the many different states. If when N7:0 = decimal 2, then state 2 of the multi state indicator is active. Expression could be (Tag name of N7:0 = 2 and System/blinkfast). I'm probably not explaining this very well, but I can't think of a better analogy at the moment.
BD

Jr.
I have never done it that way.
I can't think of any way to address the MSI/state. I would instead use the tag that causes the MSI to go the state#2.
SO.. a multi state indicator with more than 2 states, requires usually a word value to control the states. Such as N7:0 value can control the many different states. If when N7:0 = decimal 2, then state 2 of the multi state indicator is active. Expression could be (Tag name of N7:0 = 2 and System/blinkfast). I'm probably not explaining this very well, but I can't think of a better analogy at the moment.
BD

Actually I get what you're saying. The plc will control what state the MSI will be displaying, so use the integer address in the PLC to control the System/blinkfast. I'll give that a shot and we'll see how that works. Thanks for the help.

Jr.

Worked perfectly! I used a conditional statement using the PLC address that controls the state of the MSI. When the address = 2 (signaling to display state 2), I would envoke the fasblink property.

Thanks for your help.