Newbie update and a question or two

caffeinencsu

I finaly got a working PLC
waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooo

it was broken, and then on the power up the next it arched, and blew it up, hehehehehehehehehehehe

but I finally have a real live working plc

my question is, I have a machine that sends paper down a ramp from a stack, my problem is I have to send one sheet down the ramp, then stop the next one with a stopper that pops up, send other one down on top of that sheet, drop the stopper and then start the process over again

I am having trouble restarting my counters, and good strategies.

When my counter hits the given value, it causes my relay to latch on, and i just want an impluse, is that possible?

As the problem seems to origin in the PLC program, it would be prudent of you to provide some details.
Such as PLC type and what code you have (attach your code as a zipped file).

First then you can hope for some help on your problem.

Perhaps using a counter to count a value of 1 is not that good.

There is many ways to have this done.

You could latch/unlatch a BIT.
You could ADD 1 to a register and only use the LSB as the memory BIT.
You could filp-flop a rung.
You could make a Start-Stop rung with the 2 papers being the triggers.
You could... you get my point.

I do not use counters for a preset of 1. Has given me too many troubles in the past.

My 2 cents.