MultiSmart to Wonderware protocol conversion via RedLion

deltahfturbo

Hi guys,

I've just self taught myself both Modbus and RedLion. I was wondering if someone could have a look at what I am doing with RedLion protocol conversion to ensure I am on the right track.

Essentially what I have is 5 MultiSmart pump controllers connected to a RedLion DLE via RS232. I am satisfied that this has been configured correctly. I then want to pass the same set of data points from each to my Archestra SCADA project via DASMBTCP. The MultiSmarts are all configured and the SCADA is proven on sites which have direct MBTCP comms. The image below shows my configuration thus far for the RedLion.

http://imgur.com/gBN66

My thinking is that the 5 MultiSmarts are Modbus slaves to the RedLion (RedLion is therefore Modbus master), whereas the SCADA is a Modbus master to the RedLion (RedLion is therefore Modbus slave).

Assuming the 5 MultiSmart protocols have been configured correctly it is simply a matter of creating gateway blocks on the RedLion to pass the MultiSmart data straight through to the SCADA. It is not necessary to create data tags within the RedLion. I have therefore created 4 gateway blocks (Digital Coils, Digital Inputs, Analogue Inputs and Holding Registers). Each of these gateway blocks has enough elements to account for all the Modbus points within each of the same register type in all of the MultiSmarts.

Does this look right to you guys?

Kind regards,

Chris

Last edited: