OPC Servers and PLCs

Hello everybody

I need some help comissioning an integration using a Siemens S7-200, a Siemens CP243-1 and VB Programa through an OPC Client-Server

What softwares I do need to make this thing:

1 - Step 7 Micro/Win with SP1
2 - SIMATIC NET PC/Software V6.2 for WinXP Prof/Windows 2000 Prof

Do I need more softwares?????

Thanks
Tiago_ferreira

You should only need the OPC server for the S7-200.
Order # 6ES7 810-2MS00-0YX0. (for one S7-200 connection).

Alternatives: ActiveX driver for S7-200.
Order # 6ES7 810-2ML00-0YX0. (for one S7-200 connection).
Order # 6ES7 810-2MU00-0YX0. (for up to 31 S7-200 connections).

Edit: I would have Siemens confirm the exact requirement for the suggested combination:
S7-200 + CP243-1 + OPC

Last edited:
Only the OPC Server????

I have searched through the manuals and they say we need some softwares for configuration like HKConfig and NetPro.....

Are they comming with the OPC Server Pack?????

I could not find in the siemens site the contents of the OPC Server Software........

Does anoybody know how to do this????

Simatic NCM and NetPro comes together with the OPC server.

But I havent tried the OPC server (aka. "Microcomputing") for the S7-200, only the "normal" for "S7".

Thats why you should confirm with Siemens.

I have just received an email from Siemens Technical Support telling me I need the Simatic Net CD V6.2 - since I am going to use normal network card.

This CD according to them contains all the softwares for configuring the network communication...

And do you know I can programm this PLc with S7-Micro/Win or I will need to buy the S7 also????

You need the MicroWin software to program the S7-200.
STEP7 software is only for S7-300 and S7-400.

Actually, S7-200 is a completely different PLC, not in family with S7-300 or S7-400 (its a development of the TI that Siemens "adopted").