ML1000 SCL500, answer to half duplex communication Dilemma

duckman

Hi all, after much aggravation trying to get my SLC5/04 to talk half duplex to RSlogix so l then would be able to communicate with both RSlogix and Citect, l worked out how to talk to my “bricked” ML1000 analog, that l like lots of other people had mistakenly clicked OK to change to half duplex, unaware that l would never be able to talk to it again. Tried all internet suggestions, i.e, power intermittently with the DC output supply shorted.
With my examples below l have been able to Talk to my SLC5/04 and ML1000 on half duplex and been able to return the ML1000 back to RS232 DF1 driver control. But l can’t as yet talk to Citect, which will later be another thread asking for help on that issuie. My PC spec’s below.
Widows 8.1 pro, 64 bit
RSlogix V10
RSlinx V3.74 Gateway.
From what l gather the default half duplex node address should be 0 or 1, but you can just keep adding node numbers to the polling list, if you had changed the node number when reconfiguring for half duplex.
You can have up to 254 l think as a node address when in Half duplex/DH485, but when using RS232- DF1 you can only have 0 or 1.
When you find the right node number, just delete the others as it slows down the comms when you are online in half duplex.
1) You need to add a new driver in RSlogix, “ DF1 Polling Master Driver”
When using the polling master driver in RSlinx you can’t change the parameters after going on line, you will need too delete the driver and start a new instance. Also there is NO auto config so you may need to delete the driver a few times when trying possibilities, if you inadvertently changed the half duplex comms away from default on the ML1000
2) After you find the ML1000 showing on RSlinx (NOT lite version, as l don’t think it can do the half duplex) you can then go to RSlogix and try and go online, it may say that it can’t. This is most likely due to the controller driver being set at DF1.
You can only change the next parameters when offline, otherwise it will be greyed out. In RSlogix > Controller > Controller properties>Controller communication>Driver change from AB_DF1 to AB_MASTR-1. (After getting online you can then change this back to DF1 and you are back to where you where before pressing the comms “APPLY” button all that time ago, you will then use the AB_DF1 driver in RSlogix to comm the ML1000). You should be able to go on line, ha presto, ML1000 back from the dead.
My polling master screen shot shows baud 1200, which is where l started playing, the default should be 9600.
My port config shows port 6, yours will be which ever port you have your RS232/USB converter plugged into.
With the Polling Driver, you only need to change 3 menus, polling list, Port Config and DF1 protocol.The Polling Master general driver page is just a default, you can change the driver station number to what you want, but that only changes the ID # in RSWho, so it doesn't mean a great deal, unless you have more than 1 driver..
Regards Kevin

Last edited: