Why can I not change this Mov Value

showshocka

Hi. I can usually change the source value on these mov instructions but here in this particular one with the Blue arrow makers I can not, even when I attempt to do an edit outside at the AOL rung itself. So if I'm correct, this is telling me that I will have to go offline, make the change, and download to the project to the PLC. What's going on here? Thank you.

Blue Makers at PLC values.JPG

Did you do a cross reference of the JAM TIME tag?
May be something is writing to it , it could be another PLC ( consumed tag) or an HMI.

When you say "AOL" do you mean "AOI"? If so, changes to the internal logic of an AOI can only be done offline. If its something that needs to be different for every AOI instance, I would make it a input parameter.

Are you trying to change the tagname that is the source in the move or are you trying to change the VALUE of the tag? You cannot change the tagname in an instruction but you should be able to change the tag value. I assume JAM_TIME is a local tag.

Keith

It would appear that logic elsewhere in the AOI is changing the value you are attempting to overwrite online. If you stop scanning that instance of the AOI, you should be able to write to the MOV source within the instruction. Presumably it will go back to 20000 when the AOI starts scanning again.

Are you trying to change the tagname that is the source in the move or are you trying to change the VALUE of the tag?

I need to change the value without doing it at the definiton, the definition
is used all over the place. This would make all the values in each instant change.

Part of what makes an AOI an AOI is the encapsulation of data. It isn't like a routine where you can use a single tag in multiple routines. In addition, tags that are local to the AOI template are not exposed for each AOI instance like inputs and outputs are. So unless the tag you are referring to is either an input or output you will have no programatic external access to it.

The only way i can think to do what you want to do is to make the tag and INPUT type and provide the value you want to change to as an input to the AOI OR reference it programatically as <AOI instance Name>.<Input Name>. If you need to change that tag type you will need to do it offline, modify all the existing instances and then download.

Keith

To the OP: you can make that value an input parameter and if you don't feel like finding every instance of the AOI to set the parameter, put a rung in the AOI that tests that input parameter for zero and if its zero, set the timer preset to your default of 2000 and if not, use the input parameter.

When you install the new AOI, the input parameter defaults to zero and the new AOI logic will set the timer to 2000. Then, you can just change the input parameter on the instances that you want changed; this will get around having to find every instance and setting the value of the new input parameter.

Part of what makes an AOI an AOI is the encapsulation of data. If you need to change that tag type you will need to do it offline, modify all the existing instances and then download.

Keith

Yes, that is excatly what I was thinking I had to do. Come to find out it was a mistake on my part. I was able to change a jam timer in the AOI Template
instruction face for that area. For some reason or a nother, at first it would not change, but go back to it's Original Value. To the OP, I had to go to the left rail and do a program edit to change the time in the AOI Faceplate for that area of Logic, in the beggining it would not alow me to. The resposes help me out. I hope I did not make that too confussing. Thanks!

AOI changing values.jpg

Last edited: