AB 1756 - ENBT A, can't see in RSWho with ethernet

duckman

Hi all, I am connecting direct from PC to PLC, which has a 5563 processor (NO Ethernet Port).
I have tried a cross over and straight thru cable. l believe a cross over is not need with later model computers as they can do the cross over internally, so am back to using a straight thru..
l can drill down into the ENBT with DF-1, but can't see it via the Ethernet driver.
I have enabled Rockwell firewall settings.
Am l correct in thinking l need a network comprising of just my PC and the NetIP card? which l think l have done below
Via DF-1, I have set the module to 192.168.43.11. mask 255.255.255.0
my computer is 192.168.43.150 mask 255.255.255.0
I have also set IP address via Bootp-DHCP Server, with the same result (but im thinking it may have done the changes via DF-1, because l have tried again without DF-1 connected and can't do changes via BootP).

I have configured an Ethernet driver (as well l have tried a Ethernet/IP driver) but neither can see it.
I have tried "pinging it" 192.148.43.11 but it's unreachable, but it does find my computer at 192.148.43.150
So I can see the card in DF-1, as attached
Next issue is uploading EDS via DF-1 it says "upload failed for unspecified reasons"
When l go to AB site, they don't even have a EDS for a 1756-ENBT A.
I have with this PC connected via Ethernet port on a 505 and been online.
All help greatly received as l have been going around in circles for a day or 2 and have tried all the help on goggle l can find as well as reading manuals.

Ken, Shane, thank you for response.
I see the issue is network based.
My network is unidentified and No Network access, but having quite some problems trying to identify the issue with the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
Cant update the driver automatically (can't find it when searching), l reset everything via cmd, without luck. Deleted the driver and restarted PC, which just loaded the same driver (2013 vintage), so will now look for another driver manually.
I used another computer and after correcting the LAN IP address l was able to go online thru the ENBT. So the module and cable are OK, just need to fix the network prob on my computer.
Thanks Kevin

Last edited: