Can't Add datalinks for a PF525 drive in studio 5000 (V31)

jakeparsons03

I am trying to add datalinks to a couple of PF525 drives in studio 5000 V31 in order to use the PlantPax AOI. I am offline with the PLC and the drives are inhibited. When I go to the connection format of the drive I can't see the parameters column. All I have is name and datatype. I have followed all of the steps that rockwell has in their guide, but no dice.

I haven't actually connected to the drives at all yet. I am just setting them up for when I go on site. Maybe that's the issue?

Has anyone else run into an issue like this?

Hit the Change button in the Module Definition panel in the General Tab.
There you can change the drive type and the definitions of the input and output assemblies.

I think that might be for V30 and below. V31 is set up to look more like CCW and doesn't have a General Tab or change button. I have "Identity" "Peripherals" and "Connection Format". None of those have a change button. I appreciate the response though!

Device Definition/Connection Format

The Input/Output tabs 'Parameter' column is the 'Datalinks' configurator. Below the 'DriveStatus+OutputFreq'/'LogicCommand+Freq/Command' add the parameters you need to Read/Write from/to the VFD during normal functionality.

You might need to download and install (on the PC running Studio5K) the PF525 AOP if you cannot 'see' the Parameters column configurator.

Last edited:
What Catalog Number did you use for the module?

Only the PF525-EENET and PF525-E2P catalog numbers provide 'Datalinks' provisions.

Last edited:
I had this same issue a week ago with V32 Studio 5000. Ended up needing to just do the datalinks setup through CCW then upload it into my Studio 5000 project.

If the drive was already there before you downloaded the correct AOP, you will probably have to delete the drive from the tree and re-add it because it will be corrupted.