COMMUNICATION LINL B/W MODICON & S7 300 PLC

shabi

Hi , i have one task i have to stablished communication link b/w modicon & S7 300 Plc over Ethernet TCP/IP protocol. connection medium b/w them is Fiber optic i am using SCALANCE X 204-2 to convert Fiber optics in Ethernet TCP/ip protocol. can any body send me the connection diagrams

You should check with your PLC suppliers. The native Ethernet for Modicon is Modbus/TCP and the native Ethernet for Siemens is Profinet - essentially Profibus over Ethernet. I'm not sure they have directly compatible protocols. You may need a communications bridge.

You can use 343-1 communication processor in S7-300 or S7-300's with integrated Ethernet interface and write your own program to communicate via Modbus TCP protocol. I've tested it with some of applications using my own Modbus TCP Master code for S7 PLC's.

Last edited: