New Rockwell Subscription Bases Pricing

I looked through the powerpoint.
To me it seems they 'cleverly' try to nudge customers towards subscription.
For example, if you buy a perpetual license plus "maintenance", then that gives you support, but ONLY by mail. No phone support. To get access to phone support you have to buy it seperately, or change to subscription which includes it. I say support by mail only is unacceptable for many. Production is down, no worry, I have sent an email, surely we will get a reply very soon.

IMO, Rockwell should at least lower the prices by some reasonable amount (between 20-50%) for getting customers on the subscription scheme.
Thats how it works in the real world. Just as an example, buying newspapers by subscription vs. one at a time gives you something like 40-60% discount.

It seems to be the holy grail for many companies, to "tax" the customers rather than being paid for delivered services.
Teamviewer also is changing over to subscription.

I dont like it. With the perpetual ups and downs in the market, which are felt double-hard for OEM machine manufacturers, when you have a lot of expenses by subscription you dont get the possibility to tighten your budgets when the market is down.

Last edited: