Siemens HMI Data Entry Limits

kamenges

I have a colleague working on a system with a Siemens S7-1500 PLC, a Siemens TP1200 Comfort HMI programmed using TIA Portal V15.1. He is trying to do something that seems like it should be simple but he can't find how to do it.

He wants to apply data entry limits to the data entry fields on the HMI. Ideally he would be able to display the limits as part of the data entry or, at least, have the HMI indicate the entry limit if it is violated. He knows he can code this in the plc but would rather have the HMI perform the function.

Is he missing something simple or is there really no way to do this in the HMI?

Keith

Similar Topics

Is it possible to make I/O filed on HMI of POINTER data type? Pointer data type can be either temp, IN or IN_OUT variable inside FB. it would be...
Replies
Views
I need to use the job mailbox area pointer to write a data record to the HMI, using job 70. The concept is to scan a label with a hand scanner...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm using Siemens TIA Portal V13 SP1 Update7. I have a requirement where the Administrator wants to be able to view the 'recent usage...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am having a problem with a Siemens mp370 HMI. It runs well until the machine is down for a hour, or the power is switched off, then all...
Replies
Views
Buona sera, Ho dei problemi nell' interfacciare PLC S5 con HMI 2a Gen. Siemens (ad esempio KTP400) tramite IBH Link S5++. il mio obbiettivo è solo...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom