Talking to Enercon wind turbines

kexlington

Hey guys,
I have been stuck with a really tricky job. I have a customer who wants to talk to an Enercon wind turbine. The supplied Enercon software doesn't do what they want it to do.

So far I have figured out that the old method of communication was done via a modem (with a few hundred meters of copper cable between the computer and the turbine). I monitored the data, but don't know what to make of it. I have determined that it isn't modbus.

Enercon won't even talk to me (because they are upset that they no longer have the maintenance contract for the turbine). I was wondering if anybody out there has worked on them at all and can give me a bit of direction?

Did you ever find the answer?

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but did you ever find the answer? I would like to do the same thing, i.e. get data from and Enercon wind turbine.