Copying a Siemens Step 7 project to load on my VM.

...but I thought TIA Portal was current, and Step 7 was Legacy. ???

I think from a support standpoint, "legacy" means "we haven't sold it in 10 years". S5 is legacy, but Siemens is still selling S7-300s and Simatic Manager/Step 7 v5.6. Maybe the ORIGINAL S7-300 CPUs are legacy, and I'm sure old versions of Step 7 can be tricky, but, as you found out, they're pretty forgiving about that.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I need some assistance. Does anyone know if it is possible to or how to copy a HMI project from one program to another program...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Having a little trouble figuring out a clean way to do this. What I'm trying to do is copy a serial number that is read from an RFID tag...
Replies
Views
I have a Function Block, FB10, with IN_OUT variables of type string called MyString1 and MyString2. I want to copy MyString1 to MyString2 and...
Replies
Views
I'm not super familiar with the Micrologix line of processors, but I am pretty familiar with RSLogix 500. I'm trying to simply copy a string to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to copy and paste a routine. I know this has to be done offline. My question is, when I go back online, these tags are...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom