Cx programmer PRV instruction in ST

andepand

I checked the forum, and actually the rest of the internet also, but I can’t find an answer to the following.

I’m programming an Omron CJ2M with an MD212 high speed I/O card. I usually do all my programming in Structured text, simply because I like it a lot over ladder or sft.

Now, if I want to read the hight speed counter (incremental encoder), I have to make a ladder section and use the PRV instruction to store the present value in a chosen location.
The manual says the current PV is stored in A271, but I can’t get a readout there. Apparently the only way to read it is through this instruction.

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to the PRV instruction for Structured text? or another way perhaps? Again, when I check the actual memory adress, there’s no value there withouth the use of the PRV instr.