PLC2 - PLC5 Conversion

K.C.

Howdy All,
Just curious if anyone has used the AB PLC2 to PLC5 conversion program that comes with RSLogix 5 or APS software. I was wondering how well it worked. I currently don't have a copy of the program to be converted on disk, only a hardcopy but I can get it. The program that I need to convert has some Sequencer Load and Sequencer Output instructions in it. I heard that it wouldn't convert these. We don't have RSLogix 5 only old DOS version. If it is beter to keystroke it in from scratch, I would rather use RSLogix 5, but this costs $3,300.00 (ouch!!!). Overall, is it better than just typing it in from scratch, or should I just do it the old fashioned way? Any thoughts on the matter would be apprecicated. Thanks.

I am currently involved in a similar 2-to-5 conversion containing the SQI and SQO instructions. As a former Rockwell tech support employee who dealt with numerous problems with the conversion software of which you speak, I chose to perform the conversion by hand.

How big is the program that you're converting? A small program would be just as easy to redo the program for the new processor. RSLogix 5 won't convert a PLC-2 program. You would need the AI SERIES PLC-2/1774-PLC TO PLC-5 CONVERSION UTILITY part # 9313-L5225D which you can get from your local AB distributor or via The Online Store .