You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread October 17th, 2019, 01:57 AM   #16
Peter Nachtwey
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman View Post
I made my own Hotrod like system 7+years ago following that example to have a PID test rig, but l must confess l haven't looked at that example since, so l apologise in the sense that you/Ron have supplied a PID example, based on common equipment, but l thought it was all Ron's doing, so there you go.
Also just to make you feel older, it was 15.5 years ago you put it in the downloads
Yes, I am now 66. If you haven't noticed, I have slowed down on my posts. I think Ron has slowed down too.

Anybody that is young and smart should absorb my videos then start a company that tunes control loops over the internet. I think a few people that really knew what they are doing could tune all the control loops in the US and Canada and do it better and faster than the average person. This has got to be worth a lot of money.

The same should happen in Europe and in China, Japan, Korea, Australia and New Zealand.

The only thing I have covered yet in my videos is MPC or model predictive control. MPC requires a lot of processing power relative to a Smith Predictor or PID but processing power is cheap.

Someone with rise to the challenge. The rest will be like everybody else.
Unread October 18th, 2019, 02:34 AM   #17
duckman
United States

Ok you have got my interest in PID re-ignited enough that l will get my head around the algebra/calculus albeit slowly as l am an electrician and haven't done advance maths (but l'm interested), so have started to go back to your post's from 15 years ago, have just download Scilab to have a go at some of your examples.
The other thread, was a test example but l can't find that on your site,
" A challenge to tune a type 0, 4 pole system", the files have been removed. could you replaced them somewhere, pretty please.
When l built my test unit l didn't spend the time to go back to the start of everything so just glossed over the stuff (nearly all of it) that was beyond me, but l have some spare time at work so will put it to good use.
I will also do the dreaded ZN and see the difference

Last edited by duckman; October 18th, 2019 at 02:40 AM.
Unread October 18th, 2019, 09:49 PM   #18
Peter Nachtwey
United States

Quote:
" A challenge to tune a type 0, 4 pole system", the files have been removed.
No, it has been moved. At that time Go Daddy was hosting our website. Now Blue Host is.
The new location is
https://deltamotion.com/peter/xls/
You want to T0P4.zip file.
I was only expecting people to use trial and error. The real challenge would be to calculate the gains.

Quote:
When l built my test unit l didn't spend the time to go back to the start of everything so just glossed over the stuff (nearly all of it) that was beyond me, but l have some spare time at work so will put it to good use.
I will also do the dreaded ZN and see the difference
ZN makes no effort to understand the plant.
There is a Lord Kelvin quote that I really like
"“When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely, in your thoughts advanced to the stage of science.”"

ZN does not work well for type 1 ( integrating ) plants. However, the T0P4 is a type 0 4 real pole simulation so it may work poorly. I can tell you now that the T0P4 was not meant to be easy. A PID cannot tune the system properly. This was done on purpose to make the simulation very difficult.
Unread October 19th, 2019, 04:43 PM   #19
PLCnovice61
Australia

Hi Peter, have just sent a registration request.
Thanks
Unread October 19th, 2019, 07:48 PM   #20
Peter Nachtwey
United States

I provided direct links so you shouldn't need a password. These files are very old. I haven't looked at them in years.
https://deltamotion.com/peter/xls/Real%20Poles.zip
https://deltamotion.com/peter/xls/Sl...odeControl.zip
https://deltamotion.com/peter/xls/T0P4.zip
https://deltamotion.com/peter/xls/T1P1%20PID.zip
https://deltamotion.com/peter/xls/T1P1C1%20PIDFF.zip
Unread October 19th, 2019, 11:28 PM   #21
duckman
United States

The first link required reg, the last lot have downloaded automatically, thanks
Unread October 20th, 2019, 11:21 AM   #22
Peter Nachtwey
United States

Quote:
The first link required reg, the last lot have downloaded automatically, thanks
The first link was a link to the directory of the next four. Our IT guy has denied access to directories because he and I do not want people rummaging around our website but I can provide links to individual files that are accessible.
Unread October 20th, 2019, 04:42 PM   #23
PLCnovice61
Australia

Copy that, thanks peter.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum