Numeric adressing with RS5000

Jeff23spl

Hello
I got a request to make an exchange table using numeric addressing for a controllogix plc to talk with customer DCS (Delta V)
I usually made them with symbolic addressing using arrays with a descriptive tag name...
The customer would like to have numeric tags like if it would be a micrologix(rs500) exemple F88:0 - F88:49 or N132:0 - N132:39 etc.

Is there a way to makes that kind of numeric tags into rs5000 ?

I tried to scroll the tags options without anything looking like this....
With Siemens we can un-check the ''optimized access'' box of a dB to return to the old fashion but if you don't know about it, you may search for a while...
So where can be this kind of box with RS5000 ? (I'm not turned to Studio yet)

The ControlLogix platform can emulate PLC/SLC "Data Tables" to a limited extent; they can emulate the 16-bit "Binary" and "Integer" data tables, as well as 32-bit single-precision floating point "Float" data tables.

This is done by "mapping" a Data Table number to an Array tag of INT[x] or REAL[x] type.

In Studio 5000, select Logic -> Map PLC/SLC Messages to set up this table of correlations.

In general, PLC/SLC data tables were no bigger than 256 elements, so try to stick with those unless you know for sure that the DeltaV/Mynah module can address larger arrays correctly.

The ControlLogix platform can emulate PLC/SLC "Data Tables" to a limited extent; they can emulate the 16-bit "Binary" and "Integer" data tables, as well as 32-bit single-precision floating point "Float" data tables.

This is done by "mapping" a Data Table number to an Array tag of INT[x] or REAL[x] type.

In Studio 5000, select Logic -> Map PLC/SLC Messages to set up this table of correlations.

In general, PLC/SLC data tables were no bigger than 256 elements, so try to stick with those unless you know for sure that the DeltaV/Mynah module can address larger arrays correctly.

Thanks Ken
If i got it well, ''file number'' is the virtual address with slc500 structure ?
But does it automatically set the format (Bool/Float/Int) and length according to my local tag format and array length ?
For exemple if i have a local integer array with 10 elements and map it into file number 34, will it automatiquely became N34:0-n34:9 ?

Great question !

REAL[x] array tags mapped to a Data Table number will always be addressed as "F" type data table addresses.

INT[x] array tags mapped to a Data Table number can be addressed as "B" type or "N" type data table addresses.

Those are the only three Data Table Types that can be emulated by that feature in ControlLogix; you can't directly emulate Timer, Counter, String, ASCII, Control, Status, etc Data Table Types.

You are correct that the number of elements in the INT[x] array determines the number of Words in the Integer data table it emulates. An array tag defined as an INT[10] array and mapped to Data Table Number 34 would be addressed as N34:0 through N34:9.

I don't have a great history with DeltaV/Mynah interface modules, but my experience is from ten years ago when they were relatively new. I did a lot of careful, in-depth protocol and performance analysis, and the customer typically responded with "Emerson says it's a bug in the ControlLogix".

Thanks for all the answers...
The AB help file could have been more detailed about this part but with your help, i have everything!

This comm is just for remote monitoring and setpoint change...Emerson side could fail and my process won't stop...