Flow sensor issue with micrologix 1400 series B

Daniel Farfan

Hello.
I am having an issue trying to read data from the flow sensor model FL-608 (Digiten) in my micrologix 1400.
I read that i have to use a HSC.
I used it, i think i configured it properly but i am run Mode but dont seen to work.

Can someone please help me? :(

have you evaluated your input frequency against your flow sensor frequency ? if sensor is faster than input, it won't work.
Sometimes you can even use a standard input into the standard program if the pulsing rate isn't needed very precise.
I will let others comment on how to work around hsc with a ml1400 but i think you should provide more details about what you have done.

Hi.
First i tried with an open contact of the input 0 (where the signal wire of the sensor is) and a counter but nothing i cant seem to make it work.

Then i looked for info and configured the HSC but nothing i cant read.

I tested it with an arduino and it worked.
But i cant seem to make in with the plc

I am doing something wrong but honestly dont know

Post details about the sensor, how it is wired, and your HSC configuration and its related program.

Ideally, ZIP the *.RSS file and attach it to your forum post, instead of using screenshots.

The MicroLogix high-speed counters were meant to count pulses then quickly trigger an event (or local output), and they do not have a built-in "Rate" mode.

Is your application intended to determine a flow rate from that sensor, or to perform a volume measurement by counting a total number of pulses ?

Hi.
You can see attached files of the characteristic of the flow sensor and my hsc configuration

The sensor is fl 608 of digiten
Square pulse
3 wires: 5 to 24 v to red wire
0v to Black wire
Yellow to signal wire

I can read the input voltage on + and - and also between signal and +

The applications is to read volumen depending on the signals and close a solenoid valve.

Thanks for your replies and help

No files appeared attached to your post.

What is the voltage you measure at the Input ?

How fast is liquid flowing through the sensor, and how many pulses per second do you expect that to generate ?

Can you see the input status change state, either on the LCD screen or online with the MicroLogix ?

How much volume do you intend to measure (how many counts) ?

Are you trying to measure the flow rate, total, or both?

See the attached quick start guide for the HSC. I've used this successfully for the ML1400 a number of times.

Last edited:
Ok, i have corrected some things and did "some" readings.
I powered the flow sensor to 24vdc and changed the plc com to 24v but i only read 0 and - 1
I have the MOV with HSC:0.ACC to L9:0 (long)

I Just want to fill bottles, i want to let pass certain amount of volumen of water, 355ml, 500ml, 1 L, 1 Gal