Siemens MSS FB980 & 314C-2DP - Can't download

mustbemad10

Hi.
I am playing with an MSS system and trying to get a project working, but Step 7 won't let me download FB980 (the diagnostic block) to the 314c-2DP CPU.

It returns the error:
Download (294:6)
Unable to copy the block FB980

It says the same for DB980 also.

The CPU is in stop, the FB (1952 bytes) and DB (4142 bytes) numbers and sizes are all within the max limit for the CPU (FB up to 1024 block, permitted no's 0-7999, max size 64KB).

But I can download to the simulator fine - no issues...

Has anyone experience any issues like this and got a work-around?

Cheers.

The PLC memory may be full. Delete FB980 from the plc and then download. If successful, repeat for DB980.

When the error message pops up, there will be a button to get more expanded info as to why it will not download.
As LD says, it is probably a case of the load memory being full.

Thanks for the reply. The CPU memory is empty, I did a overall reset prior to downloading the FB...
When I click the Details tab, I get these messages:

Download (294:6) - Unable to copy the block OB1.
Download (33:53888) - (D280) Error compiling block in S7-300 CPU.

Isn't there limits for FC/FB numbers with some S7 Cpu's?

Try changing the FB number much lower.

You get these type of messages if you try to download blocks that contain timers/counters/flags which are out of range for the CPU. Could this be the problem?

The limits for a 314 CPU are:
FB
Quantity - 1024
Permitted Number - 0 - 7999
Max Size - 64KB

FC
Quantity - 1024
Permitted Number - 0 - 7999
Max Size - 64KB

DB
Quantity - 1024
Permitted Number - 1 - 16000
Max Size - 64KB

-- From the Siemens Instruction list S7-300 CPUs and ET 200 CPUs manual --

This is all OB1 contains
v6logi.jpg

Yes there are limits.
It is a deficiency that STEP7 doesnt check FC, FB and DB numbers, as well as Merkers and Timers against what the CPU actually support.

Stupid question: What size is the installed MMC card ?
Check also the load and work memory in the online CPU properties.