Unitronics Vision260 help needed

jBetts

I'm workin on a Unitronics Vision260, as it says, and I have some questions about getting to work over an Ethernet LAN.

I've looked and I think I have the basic idea, I just must be missing something.

I have an SB 2 call the Ethernet Card INIT, and Socket 1, and then a MODBUS IP CONFIG. Then, using the helpfiles, I have another net that says when Ethernet Card INIT is ON, and Socket 1 is ON, and the function in progress (mine is MB 9, not MB 0) is NOT ON, and if Socket 1 is NOT connected, then Ethernet Connect TCP socket 1 is called.

Sounds complicated but 2 days ago I've never heard of Unitronics, this is all I can do from the help files on my own, and now I'm stuck.

There is also some networking issues with IP addresses...

We have 2 networks, one is under a DHCP and one is not. The one that is, is the company LAN with access to the internet and shared files. The one that is not is just for data acquisition, and is not under DHCP. Basic question that stumps me: I try to do this under the DHCP (don't want to run another 80 ft of cable if i don't have to, to get it onto the non-DHCP line), but since it is auto-assigning IP addresses, will the OPLC function? Or do I need to talk to the network admin to get an IP for it?

Sorry for all the text, but it needs lots of explaining! Any help or advice is greatly needed and appreciated.

Thanks!
Josh