Factorytalk view Studio-ME Alarm

princedx

Hi expert.
may i ask a question about ME Alarm.
I created a screen with alarm banner to display my alarm message.
I also configured alarm setup in alarms editor ( trigger tag, massages...)
and in startup editor, checked in box of alarms.
but my alarm banner wasnot display anything. I tried many time and follow many document about alarm. but not ok,yet.o_Oo_O
can anyone show me my problem or can sent me a simple project about it.
Many thank.

How are you testing? Did you compile the program and transfer to a panel, are you testing inside Studio, or are you trying to test a single screen?

Does anything work, meaning other objects on a screen? If not, then you have other problems.

What is the trigger type: Value, Bit, LSBit? Bit is really the preferred type. You could create one trigger using value type. Have this point to a discrete tag, just for testing.

In alarm setup, on advanced tab, make sure you are pointing to the correct screen with the banner.

Under messages, make sure the messages are checked for display. If unchecked, they will not show up.

Within the banner, look at the filters, make sure you aren't filtering out any messages, for testing, remove all filters.

That is about all I can think for you to check. If all else fails, go in the library and copy the alarm banner and use that for testing. Make sure you point to it within alarm setup advanced tab.

James

Thanks for your answer.
I designed alarm in studio and test it with test display (test all screen and they're ok but alarm, use Rslogix 5000 and RS emulator)
i also checked everything what you suggested me to do. but else fail.
nothing can display in banner alarm.
however, thanks for your reply

When you test, are you using the single screen test, the play button, or testing application (the running man)? I believe the alarms will only work while using test application (running man), not single screen.

It's not out of the question for something to be corrupt in this application (happens more than you think with Studio). You may try and create a new application and try that. You can export the alarm setup and import back into the new one, or just create a simple one for testing purposes.

James

In the Startup editor, have you selected Alarms? This is required to "enable" the alarm system.

As mentioned, you MUST use the Test Application function to test. The icon for that is commonly referred to as "the running man".

OG