Safest way to download a program to Siemens PLC

Johnbit89

I have the software for a new machine on my Laptop but the PLC program in the machine on the Simatic 400 PLC differs from my program by 5 FCs and 20 DBs.

therefore, before I leave site I need to download the user from to station, but to be safe I open a new project, upload station to PG and once I have the program from the PLC I then download the user program to the station, so I bypass the software on my laptop.

The question I have; When you upload station to PG does this copy the program from the RAM or ROM/memory card or both.
I ask because the person before might have made changes to the software but only done a download to the ram and not saved to the memory card.
When I perform the upload from station to PG I hope it takes the most updated program from both the RAM and ROM/memory card?

My understanding; when you download a change to the PLC it only store onto the RAM, you must download the user program to station for it to be properly saved, but you cannot do this for individual blocks.

Under one of the menus there should be an option that says "copy ram to rom" that does exactly what it says.

So you can download blocks by blocks then do a complete copy ram to rom.