FTView SE Version 8 Trend pen issue

Cices

Anyone having an issue whereby, in you trend you have for example 4 trend pens set up. but one pen will not keep history. if you stay open on the trend it will colour the trend beautifull. but if you close and open trend again the other 3 pens are fine but the one pen does not keep its history.
any one with similar issue that found a solution please.
kind regards to all.
Cices.

Are all the pens part of a "Data Log Model" ?

You can connect a trend pen to any tag, but only tags that are also in the data log model will have persistent data because their data is being stored instead of just updated continuously while the display is open.

The usual symptom is just as you describe: "I closed the trend window and when I came back my pen history was blank".

You may need to restart the data log model. Either it starts upon FT client restart or upon computer os reboot. I can't remember exactly now as i do not have software in front of me.