Micro 820 and Panelview 800

Brad7778

Hello I am new here and very green with plc's. I have dealt with them in school for my electrical apprenticeship and that is the only time.

To get to my question now. I have a micro 820 that had it's LED's flashing and seemed to be in working order yesterday. I turned the disconnect off for the night and now it won't come back this morning. I checked my voltage and it is within the suitable range.

Next I have a Panelview 800 2711r-t4t and I have the 24vdc to it and it doesn't want to even show me any signs of life. What could I be missing?

Thanks in advance.

Brad A.

More....

Can I hook up the 24vdc and leave the communications not hooked up. Or does everything have to be hooked up for it to turn on?

Something should happen if you apply 24VDC to it, it shouldn't be dead if it's working at all.

It's strange situation. I replaced it with another Panelview and it's still doing the same thing, the only light that blinks is the fault light when I turn the power off. The other equipment that requires the 24vdc is working.

Did you measure that you actually have 24V at the panel when the power supply is connected to it and all other consumers?

Another dumb one then, did you measure AC as well? Just to confirm there's no AC at the same time.

Weird with 3 different things breaking and not being something they have in common :(

Last edited:
I am just using a 120v to 24v transformer with a bridge rectifier and a diode for surge suppression. Should I be using a specific power supply?

Last edited:
I am just using a 120v to 24v transformer with a bridge rectifier and a diode for surge suppression. Should I be using a specific power supply?

Try change the power supply to a switching power supply. You wont get a good DC voltage with transformer. I have tried a similar setup once and also experienced problems.