Siemens TP Designer Software Problem

SNK

I have just installed Siemens TP designer software version 1.0.0.31 on my laptop. When I attempt to open a known-associated TP file with the software, it attempts to open Allen Bradley RSlogix5000 and then quits, giving me an Windows pop-up option to retry or choose another task, which crashes the computer.

I have ran the software, made a new application, and saved it, and it works OK. (Proves that the software functions properly) I have launched the app from explorer, and from the TP software and they both work.

Maybe the file-application that I am trying to open is somehow corrupted or something.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Do you first open the programming software and then the terminal program ?

Or do you try to open the aplication by double clicking the terminal program ?

JV

I looked at the program in Windows explorer, and I can see that the file is associated with the correct bin-application. I double clicked on it, the TP Designer opens up, then the RsLogix5000 window opens up, but not the program, and then the TP designer is back, and the TP Designer software is running, but the application is not open. I get an error saying I have to switch to another application. I can't remember the exact phrase because I am now at home. Won't be back at work until Tues.

When I attempt to open the application from TP Designer already open, the same thing happens.

I am ****ed with this software so far. Everything worked fine prior to installing it.

Help me!!!!!

I was on my way to buy the TP designer, after reading this thread, I'm having second thoughts, apart from the fact I'm not using my laptop for any other purpose, its a Siemens's PG, originally installed microwin, Step7, Step5.

I doubt I will have any problems, but suggestions are requested.

Thanks

BITE.

You have been bitten by the association/ocx/in-place editor problem.

RSLogix 5000 and Siemens TP designer, Protool, and I think WinCCFlex do not co-exist well, and primarily when the TP/OP software is used in 'Step 7 Integrated' mode.

I haven't tracked it down completely, but it seems to be a problem with launching ProTool (et al) as an editor through a Step7 Project. It will launch, and generally synchronize fine, but trying to open a display screen will attempt to call up another editor that conflicts with RSLogix 5000. It almost looks like a DLL registered with Windoze has the same name between RSL5k ad ProTool, but they are different DLL's, and Windoze doesn't handle that well.

Another set of programs that can exibit this same odd behavior is SolarWinds.net network management software. If that is loaded, It fails to load some applications, and instead, keeps blinking the RSLogix 5000 splash screen.

I don't know which piece of software is actually to blame, but the pain in the butt solution is to uninstall RSLogix 5000 (and Solarwinds software) before using Siemens panel editors. REBOOT after uninstall.

If there is garbage in the registry, you will have to reinstall ProTool again.

I wish I could find a more elegant solution, and if anyone has any more ideas, I'd like to hear :)

--- Oh, the error message you are getting is 'Server is busy' with the options 'Switch to' "Retry' and 'Cancel' I believe. That is what's indicating to me that it's a registry based error between Windows OCX components and DLL's. That MAY indicate that the problem can be solved by moving the library files out of /windows/system32, and into the application's EXE directories, and hand-modifying the registry, but frankly, it's not worth it.

I have a directory with a copy of the Install CD's for RSL 5000 and Protool, and just reinstall from that what I need.

Last edited:
Wow! I actually got bitten!

Thanks for the reply. It is nice to know that some people have the same problems as I. I was beginning to think that I was the only nut-job out there with more than 1 OEM software pkg installed. I have Siemens, AB, Modicon, Moeller, Omron......and the list goes on. There needs to be some testing done on my part I believe.
The biggest problem that I have is making sure that the com port is not being taken by one of the many communication protocols running.

BTW, I am using Win2K, SP2 I believe.

You reccommend uninstalling RS5000, and then running TP designer. Can I then re-install RS5000 and the problem will go away?? Or am I to beleive that these packages just don't go well together.

Let me know what you think.

Once again, I appreciate the help.

I have (Siemens)Step 7, Step 5, Step 7 MicroWin, Protool v6, (Omron)CX Programmer, NT Shell, CX Server, (Lauer) PCSpro, PCSProWin, (DeltaTau)PEWin32, (Mitsi) Medoc for DOS,(MicroInnovation) Galileo, (IRT) Motion Control and probably a few others on the same machine under W2K.
There are no problems.

When we bought RSLogix we were told in no uncertain terms that it can't live alongside Siemens s/ware.

If you can repartition your drive and set up a dual boot system you don't need a second laptop. You may get away without a second partition but I have had problems with multi booting on one partition.

PS What is TP designer, is it something other than Protool, do you need it or can you use Protool for the same job?
KB

TP Designer is the Cheap-*** Siemens software package for the smaller touchscreen systems. Can't expect much for $140CAD!! It seems like the software is good, it just causes some kind of conflict as indicated above in RdRasts comment.
Pro-Tool cannot be used for these Touchscreens....or so I have found out.
To be honest, everything worked fine until I installed TP Designer. I have been using S7 with all of the goodies and RS 5,500,5K, RSNetworx, and a lot of others with NO PROBLEMS. It all started after installing TP Designer.
I uninstall TP Designer, and things are still messed up. I now need to perform a Reg-clean I would expect. Program Uninstalls do not uninstall everything. They leave lots of hidden files.

Lauer pcs 900

Need Lauer PCSpro (dos or win) software for PCS 900.I have a demo.Can anyone help me ,were I can download for free or send to me by e-mail.

Thanks at advance