LOGO for siemens

Unregistered

U
iv just started to look into LOGO under siemens, this seemsto match the Zen for OMRON, i guess this is not a PLC however just a good controller for small projects, the best part about LOGO is the software (LOGO soft comfort)

if siemens can make step7's enviorment like the LOGO enviorment, theyll be set for life...what do u guys think

I've used the LOGO! module for small aplications like pump systems etc and like the programming software. I did all my programming in ladder as I have a hard time getting my head around the block diagram programming, although I have talked to others that say once you understand block programming it is easier than ladder, so far I havn't been convinced.

i think so too, ladder in LOGO is much better than FBD, i have a hard time as well, however ladder in LOGO is wonderful, i love he take and place nviorment and move where u wish, why cant siemens make their step software liek it

I avoid Siemen's PLC's due to the sopftware. I learned on Allen Bradley, and blossomed with General Electric.

Unfortunately, Siemens probably will never get their S software anything close to the Logo's. I haven't used the Logos software.

I learned on Moellers, and since they make the Smart Relays for most everybody, if I saw something else, I just used my Moeller software.

Then one day, I ran across thwe Allen Bradley Pico, and downloaded PicoSoft. No doubt, AB took the time to have fun while improving Moellers software. I now use Picosoft whenever I can.

RE: Moeller's expansion modules with PicoSoft - I haven't tried it yet and I don't think it will work.

There are probably a dozen or more Smart Relays being made for other companies by Moeller. Note that all use the *.eas extension, and so far, have all been interchangeable.

So far, I haven't sen a Mitsubishi Smart Relay. I am waiting for them to announce it.

I think it should be called the Itsy Bitsy Mitsi!

regards.....casey

I have used several of these smart relays for smaller projects. What I use is usually dictated by the customer. The Siemens Logo, A-B Pico, Omron Zen, Telemechanique Zelio and Moeller Easy Relay are all pretty similar in operation (and pretty similar in looks!)

I like the Logo because I can easily interface extra analogue inputs and even PT100 inputs. Otherwise, my preference is for the Pico and the new Pico GFX.

Where all these relays fall down I think is in the communications department.

Would the Mitsubishi Alpha controller qualify as an "Itsy Bitsy Mitsi" ?

Strangely enough, when I use a smart relay I normally buy the type with the LCD screen and buttons. The amount of program these things hold, and the functions available, do not really require software I find I can program them just as quickly, and sometimes quicker, using the buttons as opposed to using the software.

I strangely prefer S7 to AB mainly because i suppose we dont really use AB but i've recently started to get into Mitsubishi GX Developer (so may change my preferences shortly), up till now our company's preferred PLC was Siemens S5/S7 Where the more demanding projects were done in S5 mainly when using Profibus Master modules. Anyways (drifted a bit OT) I also like the LOGO modules and hav'nt programmed them from the software yet as the LCD/keypad is quite quick to work with and is fairly straightforward.

One of the things i like about the LOGO software is that you can design your program and then run it in simulation before downloading to the device. As for programming on the LCD, I believe that is only possible using FBD and I prefer ladder and the software allows you to easily go back and veiw the program and allows for some documentation.

For larger jobs, I have always used Modicon.

the thing that seimens does very well is simulation, step 7 simulation is an excleent tool for monitoring ur program with out a $7000 dollar PLC, however every frigin add on the simatic step7 manager is a $1500 extra cost , it seems that they realy like that $1500 dollar price range, its always 1500 or multiples, do u guys agree?