Studio 5000 version 31 failed to install

I haven’t had a chance to view the log, but I just went through this and had to uninstall Control Flash Plus. It had installed a Factory Talk Services that was preventing Studio from property installing.

Nope, still failed even after uninstalling Control Flash.

asdfasdf.png

Attachments

• Rockwell Install Logs.zip
    139.3 KB · Views: 19
Right. It couldn't be anything you're doing.

Also, let's say maybe I have other Rockwell software installed, so what. if they are incompatible on the same system, that's still Rockwell's fault. It's never as simple as just selecting install. but it should be for the money we pay for it.

I haven't had an install issue with Studio 5000. Multiple versions installed. But I use a VM Win7 x64. UAC set never notify, Admin rights. Never had an issue.

Nope, still failed even after uninstalling Control Flash.

Control Flash is not the same as Control Flash Plus. The tip was related to ControlFlash Plus.

I've got everything from v13 to v32 installed on a W7 Pro 64bit machine and never had anything fail to install.

Can you use a VM for this? My guess is that the earlier versions of RSLogix are conflicting. I'd be inclined to believe that RSLogix 5000 v20 is fine, but v13 may be a problem. I've had cases where I'd have to install a later version before the earlier one otherwise it won't work.

In either case, I would just get a Windows 10 based VM and install there.

Control Flash is not the same as Control Flash Plus. The tip was related to ControlFlash Plus.

I've got everything from v13 to v32 installed on a W7 Pro 64bit machine and never had anything fail to install.

I meant control flash plus

Can you use a VM for this? My guess is that the earlier versions of RSLogix are conflicting. I'd be inclined to believe that RSLogix 5000 v20 is fine, but v13 may be a problem. I've had cases where I'd have to install a later version before the earlier one otherwise it won't work.

In either case, I would just get a Windows 10 based VM and install there.

I don't think I'm allowed to install a virtual machine on my PC, it'd have to be IT. and besides that isn't a solution, that's a work around.

I also have version 32 installed. I'm not having issues with version 32, I'm having issues with version 31.

Issue with *.xml file

Hello,

I had the same issue for CCW. I think it might help you to figure it out.

For Developer edition:

Go to .xml file "DeveloperEdition_MU.xml" located in *\11.00.00-CCW-INT-Dev-DVD\
Config\DeveloperEdition_MU.xml and remove part:
<Product Name="Upgrade to Developer" VersionOf="Connected Components Workbench" Version="11.00.00"
MultipleVersionSupport="yes" RegVisibleIfInstalled="yes" Required="no" Optional="no" Protected="no"
Visible="yes" Typical="yes" Checked="yes" Desc="Upgrade Standard Edition to Developer Edition.">
<Plugin Name="CCWUpgradeCheckPlugin.dll" Path="Plugins" />
<Plugin Name="CCWSNSetupPlugin.dll" Path="Plugins" />
<ProductExe Name="WriteSN.bat" Path="11.00.00-CCW\Setup" />
</Product>

Save changes in DeveloperEdition_MU.xml and launch setup.exe again

For Standard edition:

Go to .xml file "StandardEdition_MU.xml" located in *\11.00.00-CCW-INT-Std-DVD\
Config\StandardEdition_MU.xml and remove part:
<Plugin Name="CCWUpgradeCheckPlugin.dll" Path="Plugins" />

Save changes in StandardEdition_MU.xml and launch setup.exe again

I don't think I'm allowed to install a virtual machine on my PC, it'd have to be IT. and besides that isn't a solution, that's a work around.

No, this will eliminate some variables in your search of the problem just like any other troubleshooting methodology. I don't know what's conflicting with your software install, but something definitely is. Rockwell will tell you the exact same most likely. Installing on a VM on the same machine will at least confirm that your software package is fine and that your machine can run it.

Good luck.

I had the same issue, and had to delete some versions of Microsoft Visual C++.
Check the log file in the bottom, this will tell you what is causing the problem.

Rompot said:
I also have version 32 installed. I'm not having issues with version 32, I'm having issues with version 31.

31 is between 13 and 32.