Mitsubishi MX Sheet Excel addon

doomsword

MX Sheet is addon for Excel, that is used to get data from PLC onto PC and it worked perfectly nice until today. 🔨

I'm getting error, see in attachment, I googled and you get it when you work with VBA, MX Sheet is some kind of macro you make in Visual Basic. I can't open it and see the code, since it's locked.

I reinstalled MX OPC server, MX Component, MX Sheet, MS Excel 2013, made a system restore to a point week ago and it's still there. Other options I see are cleaning registers and reinstalling Windows.

Does anyone have any idea why the hell is this happening? It can't be bad code, since I didn't write any (I'm just an end user) and it worked last Friday?

Any recommendation is highly appreciated, what also made me furious is that I finished a project, today I just opened it to see if I can make some improvements/changes, since I'll modify PLC code, probably will implement some handshake protocols.

mxsheet.png

bump

I've spent even more hours on this, and I think error appeared because we're using God damn Win 10.
I've got newest MX Component which officially supports Win 10, but can't get newest version of MX Sheet that supports Win 10. I will try to get it

I don't think it can be anything else now.

Was a sheet deleted in the excel file? Do you have a backup of just the excel file.
A possible cause of this error happens when a worksheet name is referenced and does not exist.

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

Was a sheet deleted in the excel file? Do you have a backup of just the excel file.
A possible cause of this error happens when a worksheet name is referenced and does not exist.

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

Yeah, I've seen that that happens, but when I open a new Excel file error immediately pops up.
I think I've been deleting sheets, do you think it could've been so damaging?

Just found the following manual. It explains what to do when you get this error.
http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc/sh081080eng/sh081080engj.pdf

"Run-time error ‘9’"
The following symptom is occur at the upgrade of Excel or MX Sheet due to the temporary file created by Excel.
In this case, take the following corrective action to recover from the error.
(a) Symptom
• After Automatic communication startup is executed in MX Sheet, the available/unavailable buttons for the
function will be inappropriate.
• "Run-time error ‘9’ : Subscript out of range" is displayed when Excel is started up.
(b) Corrective action
Delete the temporary file according to the following procedure.
1) Enter '%temp%\Excel8.0' in the Windows® Explorer, and delete the files under '%temp%\Excel8.0'.
2) Enter '%AppData%\Microsoft\Excel' in the Windows® Explorer, and delete the '.xlb' file under
'%AppData%\Microsoft\Excel'.

This should work.
Regards,

Just found the following manual. It explains what to do when you get this error.
http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc/sh081080eng/sh081080engj.pdf

"Run-time error ‘9’"
The following symptom is occur at the upgrade of Excel or MX Sheet due to the temporary file created by Excel.
In this case, take the following corrective action to recover from the error.
(a) Symptom
• After Automatic communication startup is executed in MX Sheet, the available/unavailable buttons for the
function will be inappropriate.
• "Run-time error ‘9’ : Subscript out of range" is displayed when Excel is started up.
(b) Corrective action
Delete the temporary file according to the following procedure.
1) Enter '%temp%\Excel8.0' in the Windows® Explorer, and delete the files under '%temp%\Excel8.0'.
2) Enter '%AppData%\Microsoft\Excel' in the Windows® Explorer, and delete the '.xlb' file under
'%AppData%\Microsoft\Excel'.

This should work.
Regards,

Thanks, saddest thing is that I didn't use ctrl+f in that manual, and I had it open. :mad:
I just googled like crazy. I'm used to solving problems using google, I guess I should always first check the manuals.

Now I feel stupid.