Best Air Purifier / Air Filter for Electrical Cabinets?

alive15

Good morning all,

Could anyone recommend any vendor that sells an A/C unit or Air filter system that completely cleans the air flow into my electrical cabinets? See picture attached to understand how dirty the air becomes from one month only. I would like to purify the air going inside my cabinets to protect all electrical equipment. Which device / equipment would serve this purpose the best?

Thanks!

If you use a cooler there is no exchange between outside air and inside air. We use products from Rittal. If you only have a small heat so cool you can use the small Thermoelectric cooler

With an air conditioner, if the cabinet is tightly closed, with the cables going through cable glands, the interior should be kept clean, due there is no exchange with the outside air.

have you considered a vortex cooler and using a 2 or 5 micron filter to remove the oil contaminents? you would also need to add purge vents. depending on the size, this may not work.

if you need to keep dust out, pressurize the enclosure with a 2-5 psi airline and have a vent hole in the bottom of the enclosure.

james

Good afternoon guys, I wanted to re-ignite my old thread and ask if people have had success keeping their panels cleaner by installing a very small airline with around 5-10 psi of compressed air always entering the panel? This way, it would continuously push out any dirty air in the plant.

I'm in a ferrous machining department, so many machines give off coolant mist after milling/drilling/grinding operations, which eventually gets sucked into the drives in my cabinets and pops them. Thoughts? Thanks,

Good afternoon guys, I wanted to re-ignite my old thread and ask if people have had success keeping their panels cleaner by installing a very small airline with around 5-10 psi of compressed air always entering the panel? This way, it would continuously push out any dirty air in the plant.

I'm in a ferrous machining department, so many machines give off coolant mist after milling/drilling/grinding operations, which eventually gets sucked into the drives in my cabinets and pops them. Thoughts? Thanks,
A long time ago a plant I worked in had a few panels with something like these:

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/...p5PnAlHFeiErR15lJ8oaAsbDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

They appeared to work well, although there was complaint about wasting energy since compressed air is not very efficient use of energy to begin with.

That panel purge system was the least of their air waste problems but you know how it is with big corporations.

They will hop over a hundred dollar bill to pick up a nickel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I may just add a small line to the bottom of the cabinets with a regulator maxing out at 5 psi. Would you all recommend some sort of coalescing filter, or would it be okay to keep the line at the bottom of the cabinet pointed downwards, so in case any water gets in the air line, it's not spraying all over the electronics?

Thanks for the advice. I may just add a small line to the bottom of the cabinets with a regulator maxing out at 5 psi. Would you all recommend some sort of coalescing filter, or would it be okay to keep the line at the bottom of the cabinet pointed downwards, so in case any water gets in the air line, it's not spraying all over the electronics?

Along with adding a coalescing filter I would put a filter/water-trap on the inlet to the cabinet.

5 psi seems like it isn't that much until you look at theses systems with reliefs set at 10mbar.

https://www.expoworldwide.com/produ...tems-electrical-enclosures/mini-environmental

I recall an unrelated tale of a factory worker who learned about the power of 10 psi in a 50 gallon pressurized Plummer (paint) tank when he (me) removed the inspection cap before waiting for the rest of the pressure to bleed off.

I ducked under a container while I waited for that 4" cap to bounce off the 20' ceiling and land safely a few feet away. There is still a tan colored splotch of tire lining cement on the ceiling near Paint Line #1 caused by yours truly.

5 psi seems like it isn't that much ....
I recall an unrelated tale of a factory worker who learned about the power of 10 psi

I worked for a plant manager that had a tale of when he had to empty a full 55 gallon drum of oil so he hooked an air hose into the top bung fitting with a regulator set to under 20PSI.

Even with the drain bung open and the oil shooting out at pressure the drum expanded until it blew open.

EDIT: Pressurize something with an inward opening door to 5PSI and you won't be able to open it.

Last edited: