ASCII to Double in Wonderware Intouch

Vaitheeswaran

Hello,

I need to convert my ASCII data into double datatype. I am storing ASCII data in tag "Msg5 = ?Æ$04+³î'é?õÊ$11lMe" and i need to convert the data into double datatype in Intouch Wonderware using Script. Please tell me some solutions for this.

Thanks and Regards,
Vaitheeswaran Elango.
[email protected]

I can't see how that ASCII string could even represent a double? Where is this string coming from? For that example, what is the Double value you'd be expecting to get out?

If it was indeed a string that looked like an integer, i.e. "1124", then you have the function StringtoIntg.

Hello Sabba,

I get these data from GPS, I stored the data in the tag Msg5. The double value which i am expecting will be in this format"0.17200247081521292". If you can't convert the ASCII into Double value, suggest ideas for converting ASCII into Hex into Double. Using StringAscii() we could convert only one character but i need to convert whole data.

Thanks and Regards,
Vaitheeswaran Elango.