SLC5/05 and PV1000

Rehu09

I have a SLC5/05 and PV1000 trying to connect both. I will be using Ethernet switch and straight through cables from pv to switch and another straight through cable from plc to switch. Will be assigning the ip address to plc and pv with same subnet mask 10.12.1.11 and 10.12.1.12. I will go and start rslink configure Ethernet driver and open Rslogix500 to download the program to SLC 5/05 and similarly I will use rslinx enterprise in ft view and download the .mer to the pv 1000.
Do I have to establish any communication in order to make hmi talk to plc. Or get the data from plc.
I have seen in few other posts people were trying to configure opc server. So please help me in that.

One more question about factory talk view.
While creating application. I have exported all the tags from my offline rss program and used the same tags in the screens. Will they going to work if I connect SLC 5/05 and HMI.
I will be downloading the same program in SLC 5/05 of which I exported csv files and used in ft view