I can't open a rss file

JAELICON

Hi, i can't i open a rss file, appear the text "Unsupported proccesor. Please open this project with a higher version of this product"

Can somebody help me? I only need that in a pdf file.

Welcome to the forum!

If you post the file here (you will have to zip it first, forum rule) someone will probably print it to PDF for you.

Here is a PDF printout of the program, you probably need RSLogix 500 ver 9.0 or higher as the ML1400 wasn't available when your version was released.

JAELICON said:
The processor is 1400, the version of the rslogix 500 is 8.10...

Here is a PDF printout of the program, you probably need RSLogix 500 ver 9.0 or higher as the ML1400 wasn't available when your version was released.

Not quite...

Geospark said:
...For MicroLogix 1400 Series A:
RSLogix 500 version 8.1 or later
RSLinx Classic version 2.54

For MicroLogix 1400 Series B:
RSLogix 500 version 8.3 or later
RSLinx Classic version 2.54...

JAELICON,

RSLogix 500 v8.10 is the minimum required for a MicroLogix 1400 Series A. If the controller in question here is physically a Series A then you should have the correct software version.

However,

If the controller in question here is physically a Series B then you will need to use RSLogix 500 v8.30 minimum.

I cannot view your .RSS file at the moment but my guess is that it's a Series B and that's why you get the "Unsupported processor" warning when trying to open it using v8.10.

Regards,
George

Thank you Jason,

When I posted I had forgotten that it was converted earlier to a PDF copy and I had not viewed it.

G.