FTV V9.0 and KEPServer for TCP Modbus

EICS

does anyone have good experience with the sorcery of using a Panelview with Firmware at V9.0 and KEPserver V5.19 ?

i do have the right compatibility as i checked the compatibility technote for the versions required.

i can see my tags online when i browse and can establist the connection, but in "Test" and Runtime at the terminal the data is not valid or communicating.

i know my Kepserver is ok as i can see the valid data by quick client and a modbus 3rd party app (CAS Modbus), its the clunky rockwell side that is not working.

to make matters worse it was a working application, i just had to update the firmware version of the terminal so i could add another shortcut for new 1756-L83 cpu.

now i have this CRAPServer issue!

This issue is now sorted. there is a known bug with V9.0 and KEPserver

its a quick fix within the KEPServer runtime config, just need to "Uncheck" some option boxs. create a new runtime and download to terminal, the "Test Screen" also works after the correction.

from Rockwell tech support below.

Thank you for contacting Rockwell Automation Technical Support!

There is a known issue for FTView ME v9.0 working with KepServer while the ME application default language is NOT ‘en-US’, e.g. ‘en-AU’. Please refer to the RA KB 1043684 - FactoryTalk View: Application using Kepware (Ex or Enterprise) shows wireframes for the solution.