FactoryTalkSE User account Logout and Auto login to Other account

minaykha

Hi,

I am using Factory talk SE Version 8 , local application.

I created 3 user accounts in application,

User 1. Viewer ( Only for Overview Display page)
User 2. Operator ( Only for Overview Display and Operator Display page )
USer 3. Engineer ( For all displays page )

Anybody can advise how can i get the feature that when logout "Engineer" account, then auto login as " Viewer " account??

Now in my current application, When i press logout button, popup login/logout message box come out every time.

Thank for your help.

Just make your "logout" button a "login" button for the new user. Off the top of my head I think the syntax is as simple as "Login <username> <password>". You don't have to log out the existing user before you can log a new one in

Hi ASF ,

Thank for your reply.
I created new user name and password.
User Name : Viewer
Password : Viewer

I create button property as you mentioned(Press action : "Login<Viewer><Viewer>"), but it can't auto login as user "Viewer".

Any idea ? thank.

The syntax looks correct - what does the diagnostic window say when that command is ran?

I always create a local DEFAULT user with the password also as DEFAULT and login with that user.

I never do a "logout" only "LOGIN DEFAULT DEFAULT"

minaykha
Create a macro called for example "Log".
Type command:
"Login Viewer viewer"
Syntax for this is: Login Username Password.
This command auto-logout current user and log user that you put in macro.

Create a button on your display a put in "release action": Log.
It run your macro with auto logout and login.

Dear All,

Thank you for your help and attention.

I mistakenly put bracket in button press action, login <Viewer><Viewer> ,system can't understand it because of bracket <>.

Now, i corrected button press action as, login Viewer Viewer

Then, Viewer account can auto login when i press the button.

Thank a lot !

Sorry! Yes, I probably caused that confusion in my original post, I just put them in there to differentiate between the command and the user-specific information.

Glad we could help, and thanks for reporting back (y)