jose

you gotta use the cable for Profibus (its a 2 wire RS485 type) and get their connectors (I havent determined yet whether its worthwhile to attempt to make them or not), they have a terminator switch built into them, the last item in the daisy chain must have the terminator. PLC's are set as Master or Slave with the program, OP's (operator interfaces) have switches to set the protocol.

I have the Order numbers for the cable and adapters at work if you need them. I am moving the controls for a German machine from one side to the other and they use OP7 so I wanted to extend the reach but leave the old connection as was.

This is one of the features I like about the Siemens S7-300/400. I have a 314IFM, 312IFM and an OP7 connected via Profibus thru a daisy chain but the Connector at the Master has a piggyback connector so I can still connect my laptop to the system (via MPI) and look at any of the 3 (or all 3) and modify, edit whatever. OF course for the OP's you need ProTools but it can be incorporated (or not as needed) within Step7.

Everyday I learn more about these that I like, they have the 400's capable of holding all the program..documentation etc. I was told that would be added to the 300's too.

Back
Top Bottom