FBD MOV Instruction

BENNY

I am currently converting our ladder logic to function block, using RSLogix 5000 version 13. The problem I am having is with the MOV insruction. In ladder logic I can have more than one MOV write to the same destination tag, but with function block I can't. Is there a trick to do this in function block? Thanks in advance for your help.

Use the SEL or ESEL instruction to select which value from among multple values to move to one tag.

Also, you don't have to stay exclusively in FB. You can call a ladder subroutine or a ST subroutine from within a FBD. ST has a language construct called a select case that might work really well for what you are doing.

Similar Topics

I've gotten to the learning curve where I can program a call for pump to come on at set point but I'm not sure how to turn the same pump off when...
Replies
Views
Hardware: 5069-L320ERMS2 Software: Logix Designer 35.11 / Ignition 8.1 Issue: When attempting to write to the tag "HMI_DRV200_DynamicTrim" in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm using Control Expert (a.k.a Unity Pro) to program M340 PLC. I am looking for a patch to fix what I think is a bug in PLC library. Please...
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone have experience with the Off Delay Long Timer function in GX works 3, I need a PV greater than T#2147483ms If I use Long Timer...
Replies
Views
Hi. I haven't touched RSLogix since at least 10 years and I'm a little lost. I spent most of these years on Unity Pro. but now the customer...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom