FTView Studio ME communications issue

LMBrian

Having issues downloading a runtime application to a PV1250 using ethernet cable. The source file selected is correct and 'internal storage' is selected as the destination storage type. The IP address is correct for the HMI and we have 'pinged' it to ensure it also. After 30 seconds or so the download times out with the message 'destination path does not exist'. Does anyone have a link as to how to configure a device in RSLinx Enterprise? Or am I on the right track? Thanks for the help.

If you can browse the device in RSLinx Enterprise in order to select its icon as the target, then your configuration has to be correct. Just using PING doesn't really tell you much other than that there is some device on the network answering to that address.

It's possible that the error message is a symptom of media or traffic problems on the network.

Is this a terminal you're setting up for the first time ?

Is there ever a progress bar, or just the timeout ?

If I'm having trouble using the network to download to a PV+, I just grab a USB or SD/CF memory device and load the program manually.