Source MOV instruction

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Morning to all

RS Logix Micro Developer, Micro 1400 B, FTV 8.0

I have to pose another rookie question.

The exit of this machine has two switches. One is a maintained push/pull, the other is a L/S whisker. These are labeled I:1.3 and I:1.2 respectively in CPU 4. Alarm inputs. Transfer interrupts.

The ONLY place they show up in the program is a MOV instruction with source listed as I:1.0 and the destination as N102:12.

I understand the MSG instruction and the N102:12 send the alarm to the HMI

My question is if the MOV source is listed as I:1.0 is it looking at the whole word. Does any true statement of the word trigger the move instruction. How does it know to look at just the 1.2 and 1.3 bits. 1.0 and 1.1 are process inputs.

In the cross reference report I:1.0 is listed as follows "-MOV-File #3 com-0"

In previous inquiries, the {#3) was the last portion of an address of a button on the screen (HMI). Is this the same structure? If so where is the Process file located in the tree.

Thank you for your time
Your advice will be very much appreciated.

I:1.0 is a 16 bit word. I:1.0/0 is the zero bit(first bit) in word I:1.0

N102:12 is a 16 bit word. N102:12/0 is the zero bit(first bit) in word N102:12

I:1.3 should be displayed as I:1/3 or I:1.0/3 (4th bit in word I:1.0)

Seeing I:1/3 or I:1.0/3 depends on how you have the address display setup in view properties in RSLogix500.

addressdisplay.png

Last edited:
Ok

I might be looking in the wrong place, We are talking about RSLogix Micro Developer right.

I do not know how to get to that page. Please advise

In RSLogix Micro...

With a Ladder Routine open...

Right-click on the background and select Properties>Address Display...

Address_Display.png

AAAAAH, I never knew that was there

Look at that twenty more questions.

OK rather then hen peck this to death, is there a quick reference as to what all this means and how it applies to what I am trying to learn.

I really appreciate you guys putting up with this.

Kind validates the signature.lol