Allen Bradley Studio 5000 recovery?

CJlikesChairs > I have not, I already formatted the disk again and started restoring my other files to try to not let this delay go any longer.

Dear CJ,
Given the relatively low cost of hard drives these days . . . Unless I knew how the drive
got corrupted I'd rather buy a new drive than re-format a corrupted one.

Also, while backing up to a network drive which is daily backed up is an excellent idea . . .
I like the idea of storing my most important files to a USB drive.
Poet.

My Rockwell PC is a tower so I run all of my software on a partitioned 1TB SSD. I use Acronis 2018 with a scheduled backup to a network drive daily. The server is setup to only keep 7 backups. If I have a corruption or failure I can simply restore the image on a new SSD and continue as if nothing happened. Has done it to me a couple times now.

never experienced it. but this is a very interesting discussion to follow
o.png

Saying "never" is inviting trouble. Murphy's Law-ish.

Personally I have had only 1 hard drive failure in all the years and many computers and servers I have had. But that one was enough to make me be sure I have everything backed up and critical files are available on the cloud, so I don't have to wait for a restore on a new drive to access .

I Recently set up Git on my code repository, and it has been working phenomenally. I have a central repository where all my teammates can push code to, centrally at a click of a button, and I have a local copy of this repository on all our personal computers.

It's a great way of getting out of these sticky situations.

PM Me if you want to know how to get git up and running.
-PeeLC