Omron plc c200h

Luke123

Hello All,
Just a bit of an issue, i have a omron c200h plc on site that controls some important machinery, the past month or so it has been randomly shutting down with a system errorm so i connected CX programmer and an error came up saying "battery error"
Does anyone know what this error means or which battery do i replace?
Any help would be much appreciated thanks

The replacement battery is OMROM C200H-BAT09, still available. But the controller has been obsolete for years. You might look at upgrading to a CPU01 or 21 if it's controlling important machinery

Hello,
I ended up replacing the memory battery.
The system stayed on for about 5 days until in dropped again
with the same issue "low battery flag error", from then on it is becoming more frequent.
If the PLC had an internal power error could this be causing it?
Or can you remove this this ladder line altogether?
Thanks

Not sure why the battery failed so quick, but in any case, a dead battery shouldn't stop the program, unless it was programmed to do that. The battery should just maintain the values of variables in RAM. See page 25 (PDF page 34) in THIS MANUAL. If the battery status flag was used in the program to shut it down, you may want to disable that portion.

As KGREEN02 mentioned, you should really look at replacing that PLC with a current model, before it's too late. You do have an offline copy of the current program, right?.. :oops:

🍻

-Eric

Update it urgently to a CS1. You can use the same I/O cards, CX-P will convert the program for you, You only have to replace the rack, power supply and processor.
As far as the conversion goes if it is all digital I/O it will be smooth - if analogue cards are involved you may have to make some adjustments/modifications.
High density I/O may also need an adjustment.
Sounds like the thing has a problem!

I appreciate the responses, yes the low battery flag is designed to system fault the machine and shut down.I will look into replacing the parts.
yes it is backed up
Thank you