ASCII Modbus Example code

WEP

Hi All,
I'm looking for some example code for implementing ASCII version of Modbus on a PC. I need to write a program in C to interogate PLC slaves. Does anyone know where to find any examples on creating messages and the LRC?

Thanks for your help,

Bill

I asked a similar question some time ago. Check for my thread about Modbus CRC generation, one of the responses has a great sample attached.

AK

Similar Topics

I am working on a project, inside an AB CLX, I implemented the Modbus TCP Client AOI published on AB website, to interreact with a Modbus ASCII...
Replies
Views
I have had to write my own Modbus ASCII "driver" for an old DL05 talking to a GS4. I am using the Modbus Slave program for testing. A PID is...
Replies
Views
Found an awesome point of sale for $500. It sends an ascii string when a product is sold. Need to convert this into a number between 0 and 255 or...
Replies
Views
In all my years of control work, I've had limited exposure to Modbus communications. Can anyone explain to me the difference between ModbusASCII...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Question straight up: if I have a micrologix 1400 with a value of 1234 in register N7:0, how can I convert that value to ASCII values and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom