wincc flex and pc runtime problem

mrt19

Hi all,

I have winncc flex 2008 project that I am working on. I have a MP377 panel connected via ethernet to a S7-300 which is working fine. I am trying to connect pc with runtime to the same plc. The problem is I cannot get runtime to run on the pc. I can transfer the project okay but in runtime the pc will not communicate with the plc. I have tried 3 different pc all with the same result. However, I have a laptop that connects and works, but the pc's will not. Some errors I get on the pc are:

140004 - Incorrect access point
140001 - Connection disconnected
170003 - error code 0x80000104

Any ideas on what is going on here. It is strange that the same project will work on my laptop but will not work on a pc. Any help or suggections are greatly appricitated.

Thanks,
mrt19

On the target PC, go to the Windows Control Panel, and start the Set PG/PC Interface applet.
Here, set the acces point S7ONLINE to TCP/IP.

Also, the IP and Subnet of the PC must match the IP and Subnet of the PLC.

awesome

Awesome, this site is great and has never let me down. I have been working on this problem for days and you solve it just a few minutes. I should have posted question days ago.

Thanks JesperMP!

MRT19

Three years later and JesperMP's answer solved my problem after searching Siemens websites for an hour.

Thanks!