Capturing the order of events

MikeVT

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to figure out a way to display, via a C-More HMI, from a MicroLogix 1400, what order events 1 thru 8 triggered in - i.e. - what happened 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd, etc.

What I am tasked to do, is monitor 8 transfer switches, and display the order in which they transferred to emergency power. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

I would use a FIFO, or depending on the reason you're trying to do this, possibly just trending it in 500. Using a FIFO you can monitor each switch address, and move a value 1-8 into the FIFO sized to 8 entries when each event occurs. Whatever order the numbers come in as is the order the events happened.

+1 for LoganB's suggestion.
Just use a either a built-in or roll your own FIFO with integers as your states. Use message displays on the HMI indexed to the output FIFO locations to display the actual events in order.

Thanks gents. I will try this. I was thinking along those lines, but got interrupted, and didn't get back to it today. (The joys of a service tech. The phone rings, and I'm off to solve the next crisis. šŸ˜€)