You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 18th, 2017, 11:01 AM   #1
illibilli
Denmark

Tracking Boxes on a conveyor

This is probably a very often asked question, so my sincere apology in advance.

I am an mechanical engineer working in a small company, I mostly do machine design and FEA on daily basis. Every once in a while I get to play around with different systems, and I really enjoy learning and adding to my own knowledge.

But Im completely stuck right now.

We have boxes coming in on a conveyor, depending on the content in each box it is pushed onto one of four lanes with a pneumatic pusher.

The content in the boxes are recognized with a vision system that I made and sends a signal to the existing AB Micro850 glorified relay.

There is a diffuse sensor before each of the four lanes that triggers the pushers.

I have spent all day trying to find information on similar solutions. The simple bool logic is something that I grasp very well. But when the methods used revolve around Bit Shifts and Stacks.

I am just not understanding on how to make this system work. Does any of you know about a good available source regarding this subject.

the software that Im using is Connected Components Workbench

Cheers from the slow engineer
Old October 18th, 2017, 11:19 AM   #2
janner_10
United Kingdom

This is a video by another member that I have shown to a few people, it's really well done:

http://accautomation.ca/plc-programm...nveyor-reject/
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum