DirectSOFT 6 to RSLogix500 Conversion

Hello,

I am currently working on a project where I need to convert the program of a DirectSOFT 6 PLC to a RSLogix500 PLC.

I need help with the element abbreviations and their equivalents to RSLogix500.

Some of which are: SP, PTA, PCT, Z, TA.. and others.

IF someone could help me out with this or send a link with the conversions that would be great.

Thanks

(y)

Here is a page from my site That Bob O referenced:
http://www.theplcguy.com/ABtoAD/DL06%20Memory%20Types.html
It may help somewhat

I don't know about PTA and PCT. I think that 'Z' was used as an address prefix (to allow hex addressing) in some communication instructions.

Download the free (limited) version of Directsoft from the AD site. Its help should provide some guidance.

Do you have the project as files or just a printout? Possibly I can help more if you can post a PDF of the project.

Last edited:
PTA and PCT are pointer (index) locations for Timer accumulators and Counter accumulators respectively.

SP are system booleans.

Most of this is spelled out in the user manual for the PLC model available on the Automationdirect.com website.

Icky - where did you find 'PTA' and 'PTC' as standard aliases, I presume? The OP disdn't specify a particular CPU. The Directsoft help file doesn't seem to list these.

I honestly don't remember Bernie. 20+ years of using and supporting DirectLogic has stuck a lot of fragments of stuff into the ole brain box. I might have even got it from the Japanese market versions.

My last boss told me that I was; "A font of useless knowledge." He may be right :)

I've been accused of the 'font..' attribute also. When the family played Trivial Pursuit they often proposed teams of Bernie on one side and everyone else on the other. Those letter combinations my have been on one of the handheld programmers. I would like to see a PDF of the OP's program. Being retired and hopelessly frugal I haven't sprung for the cost of a full version of any program to support my postings.